Tigers open district play with a win! Beat Logansport 56-20
Submitted by admin on Tue, 10/15/2013 - 21:15
By Mark Richardson.
The LaSalle Tigers turned a close game into a blowout, exploding for 28 2nd quarter points enroute to a 56-20 victory over visiting Logansport last Friday night in Tiger stadium. The district win improved LaSalle to 6-0, on the year and 1-0 in district play. Neither LaSalle nor Logansport could get anything going offensively on their first few possessions. On Logansport’s 3rd possession from their own 29, the LaSalle Tigers struck pay dirt as LaSalle’s Kenneth Smith stripped the ball from the QB and raced 27 yards for the TD. Tristan Gilliam tossed a pass to Lucas Parham for the extra point and LaSalle led 8-0 at the end of the 1st quarter.
To read more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition http://www.etypeservices.com/Jena%20TimesID339/
Rate this article:
- Jena Lady Giants win District Championship; Giants stay undefeated in District Play at 6-0
- LaSalle Tigers fall in two district games
- LaSalle Lady Tigers go 2-1 in district play during week
- LaSalle Tigers win two more games in District 3-1A play
- Lady Giants get big win at Buckeye 11-3; Giants pick up 2 district wins