Jena falls to Buckeye
Submitted by Edgar on Wed, 10/30/2013 - 00:44
By Greg Jones.
Jena looked as if the problems that plagued them during the Avoyelles game had been addressed as they took the field against the Buckeye Panthers last Friday night. Buckeye took the opening kickoff and could only manage 4 plays before Jena forced them to turn the ball over. This swarming defense was exactly what the Giants needed to start this contest. Jena couldn’t manage to get off the field on third or fourth down against Avoyelles, but tonight started out like gangbusters. Jena’s offense hit the field and only needed one play for Charlie Smith to cover 41 yards and a score to take an early lead over the Panthers.
To read more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition http://www.etypeservices.com/Jena%20TimesID339/
Rate this article:
- Jena Lady Giants great season comes to an end at Albany; Giants finish their much improved season against Marksville
- Jena Lady Giant Gracie LaCroix
- Jena Lady Giants finish season as District Runners-Up with 7-3 district record; Giants lose two district games
- LaSalle Tigers, Lady Tigers close out basketball season
- Tiger/Lady Tiger basketball season is coming to a close