Jena falls to Buckeye
Submitted by Edgar on Wed, 2013-10-30 00:44
By Greg Jones.
Jena looked as if the problems that plagued them during the Avoyelles game had been addressed as they took the field against the Buckeye Panthers last Friday night. Buckeye took the opening kickoff and could only manage 4 plays before Jena forced them to turn the ball over. This swarming defense was exactly what the Giants needed to start this contest. Jena couldn’t manage to get off the field on third or fourth down against Avoyelles, but tonight started out like gangbusters. Jena’s offense hit the field and only needed one play for Charlie Smith to cover 41 yards and a score to take an early lead over the Panthers.
To read more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition http://www.etypeservices.com/Jena%20TimesID339/
Rate this article:
- Lady Tigers fall in Quarterfinals during Fast Pitch 56 tournament
- Jena Giants’ great season comes to an end in 1st round of playoffs
- Jena Lady Giants great ‘16 season comes to an end in quarterfinals of Fast Pitch 56
- Jena Lady Giants defeat North Webster and advance to Sulphur
- Lady Tigers headed to Fast Pitch 56 after winning two playoff games at home