Tigers rally for win!
Submitted by Edgar on Wed, 2013-10-30 00:42
By Mark Richardson.
The Tigers of LaSalle rallied for 19 points in the last six minutes of the game to come from behind and defeat the Montgomery Tigers 31-14 last Friday night to stay unbeaten at 8-0. Both teams went 3 and out in their first possessions to start the game. On the Tigers next possession, they were forced to punt, but a high snap to punter Cole Hendrix resulted in an 11 yard punt, giving Montgomery the ball at their own 47 yard line. It took Montgomery 11 plays to cover the 53 yards capping it off with a 22 yard TD pass. The extra point failed and Montgomery led 6-0. The first quarter ended with Montgomery leading 6-0.
To read more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition http://www.etypeservices.com/Jena%20TimesID339/
Rate this article:
- Jena Lady Giants defeat North Webster and advance to Sulphur
- Lady Tigers headed to Fast Pitch 56 after winning two playoff games at home
- Jena Giants set school single season win record at 23 wins
- Tigers split in final two regular season games; enter playoffs with game Monday
- Jena Lady Giants win first round Class 3A playoff game