LaSalle Election Results!
• An unprecedented 75% of LaSalle voters cast their ballots in Tuesday’s presidential election. LaSalle has 8,812 voters and 6,568 of them cast ballots.
• LaSalle voters joined those nationwide to elect Donald Trump as President on Tuesday. LaSalle gave Trump 89% of the vote casts, compared to 9% for Hillary Clinton.
• U.S. Senate Race – John Kennedy-R and Foster Campbell-D will meet in a runoff in the Louisiana Senate race. The winner will replace Sen. David Vitter in January. LaSalle voters gave Kennedy 40% of votes cast with Campbell getting 6%. The second high vote getter in LaSalle was John Fleming with 19%.
• U.S. Representative – Congressman Ralph Abraham, M.D., easily won re-election for another term. LaSalle voters gave him 88% of the vote, to 12% for Billy Burkette.
• Judge, Court of Appeal – Van Kyzar of Natchitoches won the seat over Jena native Judge Chris Peters. However, LaSalle voters gave their native son 86% of the vote locally.
• Public Service Commission, District 4 – Jena native Mike Francis easily won the seat over two opponents, gathering 53% of the vote district wide. LaSalle voters gave their native son 83% of the local vote. Francis will succeed the late Clyde Holloway who did not seek re-election.
Check out the next edition of The Jena Times – Nov. 16 – for complete election results, as well as precinct-by-precinct numbers for the important races.