Bus burns in Nebo

Bus burns in Nebo

A freak fire destroyed a LaSalle Parish school bus during the first day of school for students following an extended Christmas and New Year’s break last Tuesday, January 7.

According to LaSalle Parish School System Transportation Supervisor Glen “Slick” Joiner, the fire started as the bus driver left her house to start her route and no children had been picked up yet.

“Kaye Huffman lives about a mile from Nebo Elementary and from her house to the school the fire started in the engine,” Joiner said. “She pulled over across the street from the school and the smoke was coming out from the engine.”

That was around 6:45 a.m. She immediately called Joiner to inform him of the situation and the fire department was paged. By the time Joiner arrived to the location less than 10 minutes later, the bus was completely engulfed in flames.

 

To read more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition http://www.etypeservices.com/Jena%20TimesID339/

Rate this article: 
No votes yet